I have a hard time visualizing what a specific fireplace or insert will look like in my home. You can imagine my excitement when I discovered a handy “design your perfect fire” tool at the Fireplace Xtrordinair website.
It’s easy and fun to use this free online tool. Here’s how it works:
Choose the fuel you’ll use:
- Small room
- Large room
- Whole house
- Ambiance only
Fireplace vs Insert
Decide whether you’ll need a fireplace or a fireplace insert (if you’re retrofitting an existing fireplace to improve its efficiency, you’ll need an insert).
Choose a style:
- Traditional (Early American to neoclassical to French countryside)
- Transitional (a fusion of traditional and contemporary, giving you a variety of design options)
- Modern (simple, sleek, streamlined, and subdued)
I tested the tool, selecting a transitional gas fireplace insert for a large room. The site displayed three models that fit my criteria.
I chose the “32 DVS GSR Insert” because I liked the look of it and I like the fact that it uses the "Advanced" GreenSmart™ Ember-Fyre™ burner, blower and the GreenSmart™ remote.
I clicked the “Customize Your Fire” button and then selected a face, finish, and door style. This is the fun part, because when you click on different faces and colors, it immediately shows you a preview of what your fireplace will look like.
You can also change the “wall” that displays behind your fireplace, selecting from a variety of options such as:
- Painted wall
- Brown, light, or red brick
- Natural stone
- Stone block
- River rock
- Black granite
- Slate or grey slate
Next, customize your fireplace’s interior. Select a fireback (backdrop for the fire) and a log set.
Finally, select from “extras” such as a wall thermostat.
Here’s a picture of my fireplace design:
Have fun designing your perfect fire!
- How to Start a Fire in Your Wood Stove – Without Matches or Newspaper
- GreenSmart Lopi Stove
- View the Fire in Your Stove from Anywhere in the Room
- Avalon Cypress Gets New Bronze Finish
- 3 Important Factors to Consider When Choosing a Wood Stove for your Home
- The Advantages of Zone Heating over Central Heating
We provide tips and Internet-only specials on our Facebook page. Hope you’ll “like” us, and encourage your Facebook friends to join us, too.
Subscribe to our blog via your feed reader or receive our latest posts in your e-mail Inbox. Simply click “Subscribe to this blog’s feed” or fill out the form located in the right-hand sidebar of our blog.
Visit Rich's Website