The folks at Clearwater Spas must have had chromotherapy in mind when they created lighting packages for their hot tub spas. You can program your spa to gently cycle through the entire spectrum of colors, or you can “freeze” the color you like best.
I did a bit of research on how specific colors can affect our moods or emotions. According to the famous Luscher-Color-Diagnostic, our attraction to certain colors might signal areas where we are imbalanced.
Bring on the spa to fix that imbalance!
Here are some of the potential benefits specific colors are said to have:
- Overcoming negative thoughts
- Security and safety
- Overcoming depression
- Expanded interests and activities
- Increased memory and concentration
- Stimulating curiosity and interest
- Aids in discernment and decision making
- Reduces stress
- Increases sense of calm, balance and relaxation
- Helps with insomnia
- Increases peace, mental relaxation
- Boosts confidence in speaking
- Greater intuition and awareness
- Assists with strong, deep sleep
- Boosts imagination
- Suppresses appetite
- Reduces excitement and irritation
- Increases selflessness and generosity
- Helps with sleep
- Increases freedom of loving expression
- Balances emotions
- Increases sense of peace
- Suppresses appetite
Light Therapy in Clearwater Spas
Several models of Clearwater Spas are designed to provide light therapy (or, if you’re not into light therapy, you can call it “mood lighting” or “entertainment lighting”).
- On models that include a waterfall, small lights stairstep down the waterfall.
- There’s a large spotlight in the footwell and lights behind the pillows, in the armrests, and in the interior steps.
- There are even lights built into the spa’s exterior side panels, making it easy to find your spa during our dark Pacific Northwest evenings.
If you purchase the optional removable spa bistro table (pictured), the table’s translucent pole is lighted on the inside, creating a cool space-age effect kids will love.
Whether you battle the Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) that’s so common in our neck of the woods, or you just want to chase away the doldrums with a combination of water and light therapy, come in to Rich’s and try it for yourself.
Up Close and Personal
Rich's is the exclusive Puget Sound dealer of Clearwater Spas, and we’d like you to take a free, private wet test in one of our spas. Contact any of Rich’s five Puget Sound showrooms in Lynnwood, Bellevue, Southcenter, Tacoma, or Silverdale.
Related Articles on our blog:
- Bling for your hot tub
- Rich’s Spas: Try Before You Buy
- Spa Care Products – Rich’s Stocks Everything You Need
- How to turn your Hot Tub into a Salt Water Spa
- How to Shop for a Hot Tub or Spa Cover
Subscribe to Rich’s blog
You won’t want to miss a single blog post in 2011. Subscribe to our blog via your feed reader or receive our latest posts in your e-mail Inbox. Simply click “Subscribe to this blog’s feed” or fill out the form located in the right-hand sidebar of our blog.
We also provide daily tips and Internet-only specials on our Facebook page. Hope you’ll “like” us, and encourage your Facebook friends to join us, too.