I recommend that you line the grill rack with foil before grilling as these are coated in sugar.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4-5 large apples. Sour ones like Grannysmith work well.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- Mix sugar and cinnamon well in a bowl.
- Leave skin on apples.
- Slice straight down so that apple slices are round like large coins, about one quarter inch thick.
- If desired, lay apple slices flat and use a thin knife to cut around core and remove.
- Coat apples thoroughly in cinnamon and sugar.
- Roast on grill approximately 3-5 minutes each side.
- Serve with whipped cream (optional).